5 cups apples, peeled and chopped (I like to use sweet Gala with one or two Granny Smith mixed in to add a little tangy bite)
1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
For Crumble Topping:
⅔ cup quick cooking oats
⅔ cup all purpose flour (gluten free can be used, if needed)
½ cup maple sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup cold unsalted butter, diced (substitute coconut oil for a dairy free option)
⅓ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine apples, maple syrup, 1½ T cinnamon, and cornstarch in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into a 9-inch round baking dish.
3. In another bowl, stir together oats, flour, maple sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add in cold butter or coconut oil in solid form. With a fork or clean hands, combine until small crumbles form. Add pecans last and mix lightly.
4. Sprinkle the oats mixture evenly over apples.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
6. Enjoy warm with vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of your favorite caramel sauce!
Favorite aunt to her niece and nephew, and sole provider to a beta fish named Leonardo da Fishy, Rachel is a kind and caring soul! An avid chef who is not afraid to stray from the recipe card, she's passionate about creating a healthy diet and providing delicious vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options for recipes.