Outdoor School: Hiking and Camping
Make every day an adventure with the included:
- Immersive activities to get you exploring.
- Write-in sections to journal about experiences.
- Next-level adventures to challenge even seasoned nature lovers.
No experience is required—only curiosity and courage. This interactive field guide to hiking and camping includes:
- Planning your next adventure.
- Essential outdoor gear.
- First aid & survival.
- How to handle extreme weather.
- Crossing dangerous terrain.
- Setting up camp.
- Building a fire in rain or shine.
- Games for the trail.
- Finding and filtering water.
- Animal tracks, calls, and sounds.
- Bird watching.
- Plant spotting.
- Rock hunting.
- What to do if you’re lost.
And so much more!
- Softcover, with metal corners
- Reading age: 10 – 14 years (4 – 6 grade level)
- 448 pages
- 6-¼” x 8-¼”
- Authors: Jennifer Pharr Davis and Haley Blevins
- Illustrator: Aliki Karkoulia
- Publisher: Odd Dot
- ISBN: 9781250230843